Sports Partnerships in the Community
The Plano Parks and Recreation Department allocates, prepares, and maintains recreational and competitive game fields used by youth sports organizations and coordinates their schedules to insure they are used to maximum efficiency. Specific questions regarding sports sponsored by these organizations can be answered by calling each organization.
Youth organizations sponsoring and utilizing city fields include:
- Plano Sports Authority Opens a New Window. (PSA) 972-208-5437
- Plano Youth Soccer Opens a New Window. (PYSA) 972-422-7972
- Plano Lacrosse Opens a New Window. 972-890-5588
- Plano Premier Girls Lacrosse Opens a New Window. 908-458-1125
- TNT Premier Baseball Opens a New Window. 214-316-3915
There are numerous parks in Plano that have open fields on which to practice. Backstops at elementary schools and in neighborhood parks are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are intended for casual athletic practices. View practice field locations Opens a New Window. .
Seasonal Drop-In Practice Program
A seasonal drop-in practice program exists to support youth soccer at several athletic-oriented park sites. These “drop-in” areas are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The program is evaluated seasonally for continuation based on the following criteria: parking impact on park use and adjacent neighborhoods, litter, impact on scheduled athletic field use and compliance with park rules and local ordinances. Drop-in areas are closed if athletic fields are closed due to rain or wet conditions. View seasonal drop-in practice field locations and maps. View seasonal drop-in practice field locations and maps Opens a New Window. .
All athletic fields must be reserved in advance through the Parks and Recreation office. Scheduling of these fields is necessary to help avoid conflicts with others wanting to use the fields, assure adequate parking for all activities, make sure restrooms are open and coordinate field and facility maintenance. Read more information about the public reservation program Opens a New Window. .
For general reservation inquires, please send us an email. For athletic field reservation requests, please fill out the form Opens a New Window. . Reservation requests are accepted in person, by email Opens a New Window. or by calling 972-941-5413. Reservations are accepted between two and 10 days in advance of the desired practice reservation. Walk-in and telephone hours are between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Each individual is eligible for one practice per each Monday through Sunday reservation period.
Rainout Information for Public Reservation Program
Field conditions for practice reservations booked through the Plano Parks and Recreation public reservation program can be accessed by calling 972-210-2936, option 8. For status of games and practices scheduled by local sports leagues, teams should continue to check with their coach or league for rainout information.
The following is a list and map of all Youth Athletic Fields. (Maps are in PDF format.) Note: Maps are for league play only. Tournament layout may vary.
- Archgate Park Opens a New Window.
- Carpenter Park
- Cheyenne Park
- Enfield Park Opens a New Window.
- Frito-Lay Pepsi Youth Ballpark Opens a New Window.
- Heritage Yards Opens a New Window.
- High Point Park Opens a New Window.
- Hoblitzelle Park Opens a New Window.
- Horseshoe Park Opens a New Window.
- Jack Carter Park Opens a New Window.
- McCreary Park Opens a New Window.
- Old Shepard Place Park Opens a New Window.
- Preston Meadow Park Opens a New Window.
- Russell Creek Park Opens a New Window.
- Schell Park Opens a New Window.
- Sports Facility Location Map Opens a New Window.
Frito-Lay Pepsi Championship Ballpark
The Frito-Lay Pepsi Championship Ballpark is available for reservation. It is located on the southeast corner of Jupiter Road and Spring Creek Parkway. This $1 million ball field accommodates youth baseball and softball so that kids can experience the look and feel of a Major League ballpark for special games. Call 972-941-5240 for reservations.