Boards & Commissions
All appointments are made at the discretion of the City Council. In general, it is the Council's policy to appoint persons to a maximum of two terms on any board, commission or committee. Members who do not maintain at least 75% attendance of regular meetings may be removed from office. For additional information, please contact the City Secretary's Office.
Application & Documents
Anyone interested in serving on a board or commission may contact the City Secretary's Office at 972-941-7120 to obtain a form or submit online below.
Note: Recommended internet browsers are Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 10 with Compatibility View. If you have Internet Explorer 11, add plano.gov to Compatibility View Settings from Tools on the Internet Explorer menu.
- Open an Application - Application for Boards and Commissions
- Press F12
- At the top of the pop-up screen select "Browser Mode"
- Select Explorer 8, 9 or 10 with Compatibility View
- Minimize the pop-up screen, complete, and submit your application
- Boards and Commissions Overview- The Overview includes a listing and descriptions of current Boards and Commissions.
- Code of Conduct
- City Council Appointments - This is a listing of the various boards and committees on which the Mayor or Council Members serve as representatives
- Board & Commission Members - Current roster of all the Boards & Commissions
- View agendas and minutes for City Council and Boards and Commissions.