Book A Notary
Book A Notary service at Schimelpfenig Library
5024 Custer Road
Plano, TX 75023
Please Note: Notaries are not always on duty, so please give us 24 hour or more advance notice.
- Notary service only available to Plano Library Card holders
- The scope of services provided will be limited to Acknowledgements
- Due to limited resources, no business documents are accepted for notary service, nor will notary services be performed for any business organizations
- Notary service will be available most days, and by appointment only
- Appointments must be scheduled in advance through the “Book-a-Notary” service online, hours follow:
- Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Friday - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturdays - 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sundays - 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Patron will be contacted if rescheduling is needed
- If the patron arrives 15 minutes or more beyond the scheduled appointment time, the appointment will be cancelled
- Sessions are limited to 30 minutes maximum
- Patrons must present their photo ID (issued by a governmental agency or a passport issued by the United States) to the Notary Public for verification
- Documents presented must have the Notarial Certificate affixed; Plano Public Library System Notaries do not give advice concerning Notarial Certificates
- You must bring your own witnesses. Witnesses are not provided by Plano Public Library System, nor can patrons be solicited as witnesses for transactions
- Documents to be notarized must be in English
- Bring the document requiring notarization, in its entirety, with you to the appointment
- Notaries may not notarize public record documents or photocopies of public record documents (such as passports, visas, diplomas, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc.)
- $5 fee for the first signature, and $1 fee for each additional signature
- Payment is due and payable at the beginning of the appointment
- Cash and Checks (made payable to City of Plano) are accepted
- No Refunds
Confirmation Required: We will contact you to confirm your appointment. If your appointment has not been confirmed, please do not assume it will be in effect. Weekend appointments must be requested Monday through Friday in order to receive confirmation.