Want to take your volunteer experience to another level? Are you passionate about Plano and want to make a difference in the community?
If so, then the Live Green in Plano (LGIP) Champion Program is for you! The LGIP Champion Program is a five week in-depth course that provides the opportunity to learn about the environmental and healthy well-being of our community through sustainability. Upon completion of the classes LGIP Champions are asked to be active in the LGIP Volunteer Program through various opportunities offered. We rely on LGIP Champions to share their gained knowledge with members of the community to extend the Live Green in Plano outreach efforts. Course material is presented through interactive presentations, tours and class discussions.
• Take a detailed tour of the Environmental Education Center, the City’s first LEED Platinum Certified building!
• Understand Plano’s residential recycling program plus tour the Household Chemical Reuse Center.
• Soak up water conservation tips while learning about the importance of conserving water - our most precious and limited resource.
• Discover how to have a beautiful garden all year-round despite with Texas SmartScape tips.
• Learn simple yet effective skills to conserve energy and save money in your home
Perks of becoming a LGIP Champion include:
• LGIP polo shirt and LGIP Volunteer badge (at class completion)
• Personal interaction and instruction from the City’s Environmental Education staff
• Meet like-minded community members who want to make a difference like you!
• Share your knowledge and create awareness in the community and beyond!
This program is only offered once a year, so don’t miss out! *Registration is required and can be found here.
*An online volunteer profile must be created to register for this program.
Pictured from left:Back row from left: Karri Armstrong, Mei-Ling Liu, Jim Strauss, Vinitha Arjunaswamy, Christine Willoughby, Tracey Uddin, & Sushi Subramanian. Front row from left: Vathsala Shekar, Naomi Goolsbee, & Beatrice Lee. Not pictured: Manu Sharma.