Obtain a Permit
A Special Event Permit Preliminary Application is necessary to begin the planning process in cooperation with city services such as police, fire, health, and risk management. The preliminary application may be filed as much as 13 months prior to the event.
A Special Event Permit Final Application must be completed at least 30 days before the event in order to assure time for city processing. Some information in this application was included in the preliminary application making this step easier. A non-refundable application fee is due with the filing of the final permit application.
The Amphitheater at Oak Point Park is a beautiful outdoor venue incorporating all the natural elements that make the Oak Point Nature Preserve so special. The Amphitheater can accommodate 1500-3000** guests on its grass-covered landings. Lawn chairs or picnic blankets are welcomed and encouraged. This venue is the perfect place for concerts, festivals, benefits and more. Situated within the Oak Point Nature Preserve, the Amphitheater is also a great starting point for 5K's, as the trails and distances have already been pre-measured through the nature preserve. Dates may be booked up to one year in advance. Please complete the Amphitheater at Oak Point Park Request for Proposal to request a date.
* Please note: the Amphitheater is a seasonal venue that closes during winter months.
**Capacities for each event will be determined based on a number of parameters. Contact Plano Stages for more information about booking this beautiful venue.
- Special Event Permit Ordinance - See Chapter 11 for Special Event Permit Code
- Application for Animal Exhibition
- City of Plano Temporary Food Service Permit Application
- City of Plano Insurance Requirements for Special Events
- Permitted Waste Haulers List
- Plano Animal Ordinance - See Chapter 4 for Animal Regulations
- Sample Notification Letter
- Handout - Building Inspections Department
- Texas Department of Insurance