Public safety is one of the most important factors of quality of life for a community. Plano is proud to continually re-invest in its public safety team members, communications systems and equipment to maintain the level of safety Plano expects. Public Safety consists of the Plano Police Department, Plano Fire-Rescue, 9-1-1 Communications and Plano Emergency Management.
Number 1 Safest City with a population over 250,000 Movoto Real Estate Research 2014
Mission: To provide outstanding Police Services, in partnership with the community, to maintain a safe environment that contributes to the quality of life.
- 348 sworn officers
- 152 full and 87 part-time civilian support staff
- 206 Plano Citizen’s Police Academy Alumni Association Volunteers
- CALEA accredited agency since 1992
- Six re-accreditations, including the most recent in 2013, and exemplary agency for 2
- Low Crime Rate (24 crimes per 1,000 people)
- Low Number of Injury Crashes (5.6 per 1000)
- Low Number of Fatality Crashes (6)
- Average Response Time: 7:30
- Customer Satisfaction: 94% rate Quality of Police Service Good to Excellent
Mission: To protect and enhance the quality of life in Plano through a comprehensive program of services directed toward public education, prevention, and control in the areas of fire, rescue, medical emergencies, hazardous material incidents and disasters.
- Customer Satisfaction: 99.7%
- EMS Response Time: 6:47 (90)
- Fire Response Time: 7:11 (90)
- Deaths related to fires: 0
- CFAI Accredited / CAAS Accredited / ISO 1
- Implemented an emergency response program using Suburbans
"Plano 9-1-1, What's the address of the emergency?"
9-1-1 calls are answered each year which is over 400 per day.