Explorer Post 215
Plano Fire-Rescue Explorer Post 215 is accepting applications for the 2015-2016 year!
Do YOU have what it takes?
Please read the information below to see if you meet the requirements, complete all applications and turn them in to FF Luke Thompson at 1901 K Ave, and prepare yourself for an amazing experience!
Plano Fire-Rescue started Explorer Post 215 in March of 1988. The program was established so that young men and women could learn about the fire service while providing a community service The Post gives youths the opportunity to explore firefighting and emergency medical services to determine if it is a career they would be interested in pursuing.
Members not only get a first-hand look at the fire service, they are given the opportunity to enjoy organized recreational activities, competitive events and community interaction while working in a professional atmosphere. Exploring gives young people the opportunity to develop interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
Explorers will be exposed to fire department operations including: structural firefighting, emergency medical services, hazardous materials, special rescue and the 9-1-1 emergence operations center. The Explorer training program includes instruction in the following areas:
- Fire Department Equipment
- First Aid
- Basic Fire Fighting
- Fire Prevention
- Public Education
The objective of the training is to promote learning, teamwork, leadership and organization with a hands-on approach that allows the member to experience fire department operations under close supervision.
Requirements for Membership
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 16 years of age and have a completed the eighth grade.
- Be no older than 20 years of age. Be enrolled and attending high school, or have graduated from high school.
- Have a minimum of a “C” average on the most recent grade report.
- Accept the obligation to observe the Explore Code.
- Accept the obligation to comply with the Department’s and Post’s policies and procedures.
- Have a permission from parents or legal guardian to participate in the Explorer Program.
To apply for membership, applicants must download and complete the following forms:
- Fire Explorer Application & Personal History Statement
- Photo / Video Release Consent Form
- HIPAA - Confidentiality Agreement
For more information on the program, or to submit a completed application, please contact:
FRS Luke Thompson
1901 K Avenue
Plano, TX 75074