A Neighborhood Leadership and Engagement Program
The Empower program is dedicated to partnering with neighborhood associations that seek to engage residents in their community. Active and engaged neighborhoods not only thrive but have a better sense of community that improves the quality of life for residents. This program seeks to provide resources and learning tools to emerging neighborhood leaders, while working with them to lead and implement a neighborhood project providing a community benefit. Through the hands-on collaborative project, the program hopes to help participants understand the benefits of community engagement and strengthening the sense of community. Engaged neighborhoods benefit from a healthier and positive environment where residents learn to love where they live.
- Help residents understand the benefits of community engagement
- Provide mentorship and opportunities to share best practices among associations
- Help emerging neighborhood leaders refine their leadership skills
- Increase level of participation, engaging diverse groups and remaining active for long-term success
- Help residents become well-informed and learn how to navigate the City of Plano
- Engage residents on a collaborative neighborhood project
Current Empower Neighborhood
The program kicked off in June and staff worked closely with the collaboration between Douglass Community Neighborhood Association and other organizations to hold the Juneteenth Celebration. The first neighborhood session was held Saturday, August 19th at the Avenue F Church of Christ. For a summary of the meeting, please contact the program coordinator.
For More Information
If you have any questions, or would like more information about the Empower program, please contact a Neighborhood Planner at 972-208-8150. Para obtener más información sobre el programa Apoderar, por favor llame Esmeralda de la Cruz al 972-208-8150.