Cart placement is vital to our collection service. Please adhere to the following guidelines so we may service your cart safely and efficiently.
- Place carts at collection point by 7 a.m. on your collection day with wheels facing the garage and the lid opening toward the alley.
- Allow a MINIMUM of 2 feet of space between your cart and fence and any other object, which may increase damage risk (i.e., gas meter, mailbox, cable box, parked vehicle and landscape waste piles/bags).
Blocking Access to Carts
According to the City of Plano Ordinance, it is unlawful to stop, stand, or park a vehicle or trailer on public or private property preventing access to solid waste or recycling collection carts by a collection truck attempting to service carts.
Environmental Waste Services observes the following holidays:
- New Year's Day - Monday, January 2
- Martin Luther King Day - Monday, January 16
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 29
- Independence Day - Tuesday, July 5
- Labor Day - Monday, September 4
- Thanksgiving Holiday - Thursday, November 23
- Thanksgiving Holiday - Friday, November 24 (city offices closed; collections will occur)
- Christmas Holiday - Monday, December 25
- Winter Holiday - Tuesday, December 26 (collections will slide forward one day)
Collections following city-observed holidays will be picked up one day later than the regular collection. For example, if normal collection day is Monday, collection day will slide to Tuesday.
Please check local newspapers or other city publications for occasional variances to the holiday collection policy. If you have any questions, call EWS Customer Service at 972-769-4150.
Excess Holiday Trash
Most households generate extra trash around the holidays. For this reason, we will collect additional trash placed in plastic bags outside of your cart. This excess trash will only be picked up during the week following the holiday.
Residential Disposal at North Texas Municipal Water District Transfer Stations
Do-it-yourself disposal is available to all Plano residential Environmental Waste Services customers at the North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD) transfer stations and regional disposal facility. View General Location Map
Locations are as follows:
|Custer Transfer Station 9901 Custer Road(Ridgeview, south of 121)Plano, TX 75025Ph: 972-727-6341Hours: Monday - Saturday, 8 am - 4:30 pm*White goods not accepted at this locationLookout Transfer Station1601 E. Lookout DriveRichardson, TX 75082Ph: 972-234-3247Hours: Monday - Saturday, 8 am - 4:30 pm||Parkway Transfer Station4030 W. Plano Parkway(behind Animal Shelter)Plano, TX 75093Ph: 972-596-8709Hours: Monday - Saturday, 8 am - 4:30 pm 121 Regional Disposal Facility3820 Sam Rayburn Highway(Hwy. 121 N)Melissa, TX 75454Ph: 972-442-5405Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Saturday, 8 am - 3 pm|
Plano residents MUST take their current City of Plano utility bill that reflects garbage services and a current Texas driver's license with corresponding address for proof of residency. Loads must arrive in a passenger vehicle or pick-up truck. Trailers of any size are also acceptable, as long as they are towed behind a passenger vehicle or pick-up truck. Note: Stake bed trucks and box trucks are not acceptable.
Residents are allowed two drop-offs per monthly utility bill cycles. Residents that need to dispose of materials exceeding their two residential drop-offs per monthly utility billing cycle have the following options:
- Deliver the materials to the NTMWD 121 RDF and pay the established per ton fee by cash or check
- Place the materials out in a manageable pile to be collected on their assigned once a month Bulky Waste Collection day.
- Schedule a Special Paid Collection through Environmental Waste Services Customer Service by calling 972-769-4150.
Accepted Items for Disposal
Accepted Items for Recycling
|* Contractor waste is referred to as construction-related materials derived from remodel, expansion and/or other residential construction projects (countertops, cabinets, sinks, toilets, drywall/sheetrock, etc)** Residents may dispose of these wastes as part of the free residential waste drop-off provided they make up 10% or less of the total amount by volume being disposed. NOTE: All loads taken to 121 Regional Disposal Facility must be tarped without exceptions!|