Boards & Commissions
All appointees to City of Plano boards, commissions, and committees must be residents of the City of Plano for at least 12 months. Current and valid voter registration is also required. Applicants for final decision making boards cannot have financial interest in a contract with the City. All Council appointed board, commission, and committee members adhere to a Code of Conduct.
All appointments are made at the discretion of the City Council. In general, it is the Council's policy to appoint persons to a maximum of two terms on any board, commission or committee. Members who do not maintain at least 75% attendance of regular meetings may be removed from office. For additional information, please contact the City Secretary's Office.
Application & Documents
Anyone interested in serving on a board or commission may contact the City Secretary's Office at 972-941-7120 to obtain a form or submit online below.
Note: Recommended internet browsers are Internet Explorer 11 or Google Chrome.
Open an Application - Application for Boards and Commissions Opens a New Window.
Useful Documents Opens a New Window.
- Boards and Commissions Openings
- Boards and Commissions Overview Opens a New Window. - The Overview includes a listing and descriptions of current Boards and Commissions.
- Code of Conduct Opens a New Window.
- City Council Appointments Opens a New Window. - This is a listing of the various boards and committees on which the Mayor or Council Members serve as representatives
- Board and Commission Members Opens a New Window. - Current roster of all the Boards and Commissions
- View agendas and minutes for City Council and Boards and Commissions.