Plano Public Library COVID-19 – Open for Grab and Go service
Monday-Thursday 9:00am – 8:00pm, Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, Saturday 10:00am – 5:00pm, Sunday 1:00 – 5:00pm
- Browse materials/self-checkout
- Holds pickup inside (porch pickup is also available - instructions (PDF))
- Computer access (first come, first served – one 2-hour session per day)
- Shop Friends lobby sales
- Mask required at all times in the library
- No seating, in-house programs, kids play areas or meeting room use
- Access to digital resources (PDF) (e-books, e-newspapers, e-magazines, e-audio and databases)
- Classes and programs for all ages (Calendar)
- New library cards apply online, 2-3 days processing time – you will be contacted
- Holds pickup (available inside or porch side - instructions (PDF))
- Book Bundles – request in English, Spanish and Chinese for children and teens
- External book drops for returns, 72 hour item quarantine, some account delay, no impact to borrowing privileges
- Book a Librarian and telephone reference (email)
- Donation drop off – loading dock during daylight hours
- FAQ (PDF)
Holds Pickup & Specialty Items ReturnHolds may be picked up inside or porch side at all libraries Monday-Thursday 9:00am – 8:00pm, Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, Saturday 10:00am – 5:00pm, Sunday 1:00 – 5:00pm.
More information (PDF)
Access the Library Online During the health emergency, access to online resources will be provided even if your account has overdue items. Use your library card to download eBooks and eAudiobooks with Libby, Overdrive and RBdigital. Downloadable Magazines are available from Flipster and RBdigital and Newspapers through PressReader on RBdigital. Stream award-winning films for adults and kids with Kanopy. Use our databases to learn a new language, find information on businesses and learn new skills.
More information (PDF)
Listen to stories in Spanish and Chinese during our Storytime Around the World series at 2:00 pm on Sundays (November 15 through December 20 on Facebook. Read on...
All libraries and book drops will close at 5:00pm Wednesday, November 25 in observance of Thanksgiving. All libraries will be closed November 26 and 27. Online resources and eLibrary will be available. Read on...
Whether you’re looking for a job or want to increase your skillset the Library has resources for you including Lynda.com, online databases and workshops and more. Read on...
The May 1995 bond election provided $3,425,000 for the construction of a fourth library. In January 1996 the City Council approved the purchase of a 14-acre tract on Independence Parkway at Caravan Drive for a joint-use site for the fourth library and a police sub-station. In June 1997 ground was broken for construction of the Maribelle M. Davis Library. The 30,000 square feet Davis Library opened in August 1998 with a collection of 40,000 volumes. The library is named in recognition of the first library directory Maribelle M. Davis who served for 30 years.
- 3-D Printer
- Art Exhibit Space
- Computer Classes
- Copier & Printing Services (cost)
- Electric Car-charging Stations
- Fax - outgoing (cost)
- Meeting Spaces for Rent
- Quiet Rooms
- Water Bottle Filling Station
- Wi-Fi (requires a Plano Public Library card)