Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Plano Public Library COVID 19
July 8, 2020- facilities closed for general use
Service Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 8 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Sunday 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Current Services Available
- 2 hour computer reservations, library card required, scheduled in advance, call us (instructions for process and schedule)
- New library card processing takes 2-3 days from the time you apply online, and you will be contacted regarding your application
- External Bookdrops for returns, items quarantined for 72 hours, expect some account delay, no impact to borrowing privileges
- All items are checked out for three (3) weeks
- Porch side pickup of materials (see process and times here)
- Access to digital resources (e-books, e-newspapers, e-magazines, e-audio and databases)
- Book a Librarian and Telephone Reference (email)
- Online programs for all ages (Calendar)
- Donations not being accepted
The service expansion for July 6, 2020 has been postponed
Holds Pickup & Specialty Items Return
Holds Pickup & Specialty Items Return is available porch side at all libraries Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 8 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Sunday 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Computer Access Appointment Process
Starting June 1, 2020 Library card holders will be able to schedule appointments to use computers in the library. Appointments are booked in advance for two (2) hours and limited to one session per day.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have received questions from our community regarding what services are available while the library is closed.
Access the Library Online
During the health emergency, access to online resources will be provided even if your account has overdue items. Use your library card to download eBooks and eAudiobooks with Libby, Overdrive and RBdigital. Downloadable Magazines are available from Flipster and RBdigital and Newspapers through PressReader on RBdigital. Stream award-winning films for adults and kids with Kanopy. Use our databases to learn a new language, find information on businesses and learn new skills.
Summer Learning is happening! Reading aloud to children helps them prepare language and listening skills. Hearing you read aloud helps their vocabulary and improves reading comprehension. Read on...
Have you ever wondered what you can see in the night sky? Find out as NASA Solar System Ambassador Les Murray tells you what is up in the sky this month and how to observe it. The virtual program will be done with Zoom – Saturday, July 25 at 11:00 a.m. Read on...
Discover new series, new authors, and great reads with a set of preselected titles. Book Bundles are chosen to provide variety based on reading level. Read on...
- 18st AIRSpace (Artist In Residence)
- Art Exhibit Space
- Computer Classes
- Copier & Printing Services (cost)
- Family Place Library
- Fax - outgoing (cost)
- Meeting Spaces for Rent
- Wi-Fi (requires a Plano Public Library card)