During this critical time, understand that updates will be ongoing.
Please check here for the latest before submitting.
In order to promote social distancing, the Engineering department will only be accepting online Engineering permit applications. See below to find instructions and forms by permit type. Please contact ENGPermits@plano.gov should you need any assistance.
For any permit inquiries (Development, Right-of-Way, Small Cell), email ENGPermits@plano.gov. Include in Subject Line the ENG#, ROW#, or SCAPP# if permit is under review.
All contractors and agencies applying for a permit from the Engineering department must register annually with the department and provide proof of insurance. The certificate of insurance needs to meet the coverage requirements set forth in the ROW Ordinance (Sec 19-68). Email this information to ENGPermits@plano.gov.
- Development Permit Submission Procedures
- Registration Form (Public Infrastructure Contractor)
- Certificate of Liability Insurance Example Opens in New Window
- Permit Process Overview Opens in New Window
- Development Permit Application Opens in New Window (Applications submitted by email)
AGENCY (FRANCHISE UTILITY) PERMITS
- Agency (Franchise) Permit Submission Procedures
- Registration Form (Agency)
- Agency (Franchise Utility) Permit Application Guide (Right of Way Guidelines and Requirements) Opens in New Window
Opens in New Window
- Agency (Franchise Utility) Permit Application Form (Applications submitted by email)
SMALL CELL PERMITS
- Small Cell Submission Procedures
- Small Cell Template Files and Examples:
- Small Cell Permit Process
- Small Cell Application Form
- Small Cell Map (View node locations and reference data)
Opens in New Window
- For Transport Facilities application, refer to Franchise Utility Permit
More Information & Submittal Location
City of Plano Engineering Dept.1520 K Avenue, Suite 250, Plano TX 75074 Voice: 972-941-7152
Walk-In Hours: Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Payments accepted Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.