With 70 recreational trail miles available there are plenty of ways to see Plano! To report an issue with trail conditions, please report it to FixItPlano.
- City-wide Park and Trail System Map (front)
- City-wide Park and Trail System Map (back)
- Find a Trail
- View the trail use guidelines
Emergency Trail Marker System
To improve trail safety and emergency access, the City of Plano is implementing a trail marker system that will aid first responders in the event of an emergency. Emergency response teams will now be able to determine exactly where on a trail they need to respond and how to best access that location. Signs will be posted alongside the trail approximately every 1/3 mile with a unique location identifier to ensure that trail users are always near an emergency marker. A pilot program to test the system’s effectiveness is being implemented along Chisholm Trail. Once the pilot program is evaluated, the system will then be expanded to other Plano trails.
Chisholm Trail Emergency Trail Marker Map
Chisholm Trail Emergency Trail Marker FAQ's
Maps of each individual recreational trail are available. Choose the one you'd like to see or print:
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve Trail System Opens a New Window. (varies)
- Bluebonnet Trail Opens a New Window. up to 8.3 miles one-way
- Chisholm Trail Opens a New Window. up to 5.5 miles one-way
- Legacy Trail Opens a New Window. up to 1.61 miles one-way
- Preston Ridge Trail Opens a New Window. up to 6.2 miles one-way
- Bob Woodruff Park/OPPNP/Santa Fe Trail Opens a New Window. up to 6.1 miles one-way
2019 Erosion Control at Legacy Trail, Russell Creek Trail and Oak Point Trail
This project consists of erosion control/stabilization improvements at the Legacy Trail Pedestrian Bridge, Russell Creek Trail and Independence Parkway, and Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve Pond. Improvements include the construction of gabion mattresses, concrete rip-rap and embankments, and a ledge stone wall. The project is expected to begin fall 2019. There will be trail closings and detours for the erosion control projects. Please see FAQs for more information.
(click on images for larger view)
- Plano Bicycle Transportation Plan Opens a New Window.
- Six Cities Trail Plan Opens a New Window.
- Collin County Regional Trails Master Plan Opens a New Window.
Permanent Orienteering Course
Permanent Orienteering Course Opens a New Window. at Bob Woodruff Park*
*Please visit the North Texas Orienteering Association web site for information about the course.